Calendar Year 2013
*Please call for more informationabout the events below
- Monday, January 21st-Holiday/Building Closed-Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr./Inauguration Day
- Thursday, January 24th -Domestic Violence Forum:Guiding Families From Crisis to Hope- Lamond Riggs Library - 5401 South Dakota Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20017 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
February is not just the month of love;it is also Black History and American Heart Month! EFFORTS stand togetheragainst heart disease & celebrate years of National Go Red Day with the AmericanHeart Association!!
In addition, this month is very special to EFFORTS, because we have the honorand privilege, and feel that it’s our civic duty to pay homage to our ancestorsduring this month – So on Thursday, February 21st EFFORTS Staff will tell andall month long retell the stories of our trailblazing ancestors.
- Thursday, February 21st -A Taste of Black HIStory:Your Guide toAfrican American History and Culture- 10:00am - 12:00pm – EFFORTS
- Monday, February 18th-Holiday/Building Closed-President's Day
- Thursday, February 28th -Domestic Violence Forum:Bringing Domestic Violence Issues to the Forefront- Northwest One Library- 155 L Street, NW Washington, DC 20001 - 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday, April 11th-Domestic Violence Forum:“Baggage”The Enhancement Center – 400-50thStreet, NE Washington, DC 20019
Tuesday, May 21st– Domestic Violence Forum – St. Augustine Church
600 M Street, NWWashington, DC 20024- 6:00-7:30pm
- Monday, May 27th -Holiday/Building Closed- Memorial Day
- Saturday, June 8th - -EFFORTS2nd Annual Crabfeast- SPX Building Corporation- 3611 Stewart Road, Forestville, MD 20747- 1:00pm-5:00pm
- Thursday, July 4th-Holiday/Building Closed-Independence Day
- Monday, September 2nd -Holiday/Building Closed-Labor Day
- Sunday, September 22nd -EFFORTS 14th Annual Banquet- La Fountaine Bleu - 7963 Annapolis Road, Lanham, Maryland - 5:00pm - 8:30pm
**The PNC Bankoffer weekly helpful advice on
ØAcquiring aBank Account ® Debt Collection® Debt Relief Services ®Credit Repair® AdvanceFee Loans® Vehicle Repossession
- Monday, October 14th -Holiday/Building Closed- Columbus Day
1st–is the 1stday ofDOMESTIC VIOLENCEAWARENESS MONTH
TODAYby wearingPURPLE&BLACKyou will help show your support for this POWERFULCause. EFFORTS will be hosting a month filled with activities and events tobring awareness and education to you on Domestic Violence.
FACT:Most DomesticViolence incidents are never reported.
TRUTH:Help change thefacts. Speak up, speak out, and make a difference for victims of domesticviolence.
- Wednesday, November 27th - Holiday/Building Closed - Noon
- Thursday, November 28th - Holiday/Building Closed - Thanksgiving
Although the things themselves maybe small, customers at EFFORTS can recall the days they failed to appreciate life. At EFFORTS, we believe once you master the finite art of gratitude, you will forever see that there are no obstacles too Big to prevent one from discovering true inner happiness.
EFFORTS is not faith-based, but we do believe God wants us all to be thankful for not only the large stuff that happens in our lives like a car, raise, or bonus, but also for the small things like life, being clean and sober, family, activities of our limbs, and another opportunity to get it right!
At EFFORTS for the month of November, we utilize the activities to be centered on being thankful!
Tuesday, December 24th - Holiday/Building Closed - NoonWednesday, December 25th & Thursday, December 26th - Holiday/Building Closed - Christmas